Silly Question

Tom Pangborn tepy at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 4 14:38:48 UTC 2005

So here's the deal, I've been casually using Fedora Core for about nine
months now and feel like I've come full term. No doubt about it, I'm
convinced, it's a better deal than Microsoft Windows. Still, I have a
question about how Fedora Core, GNOME, Linux, and Xwindows all play
together, really I want to know who's who

Okay, Fedora Core is a distribution, got it clear as rain. Linux, by
comparison, would be the Windows equivalent of that crazy kernel32.dll.
It's the relationship between GNOME and Xwindows that I don't get?
Anybody want to take a shot at getting this into the thick skull of
tepy?

Visit tepy @ http://tepy-at-houston-lake.blogspot.com/