cups port problem.

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Thu Aug 4 18:23:01 UTC 2005

I am loosing my cool on this so I need help.
This has to do with the ipp (cupsd) port 631.
On the server.
Running netstat -anp |grep 631
returns:
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:631               0.0.0.0:* LISTEN      24471/cupsd
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:631                 0.0.0.0:* 24471/cupsd
--
Indicating that cupsd is listening on that port.
Running: nmap -sT -O localhost |grep 631

 However from a client when I run: nmap -sT -O sol |grep 631
 from a client (sol is  our server) the 631 entry does not appear and in
 fact when I telnet to the server at port 631 the connection is
 refused.

 One would hope that somewhere in the cupsd.conf there is a line that
 opens that port for access from other machines. Anyone know how to
 open that port or what that line is in the configuration file.
 There is no firewall involved here.

If Robert Di Niro assassinates Walter Slezak, will Jodie Foster marry Bonzo??
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484