Palmpilot sync problems with both kpilot, jpilot, pilot-sync, ...

Robert Locke lists at ralii.com
Thu Aug 4 18:55:21 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 14:26 -0400, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> On Thursday, Aug 4th 2005 at 13:08 -0400, quoth Robert Locke:
>
> =>On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 11:49 -0400, Steven W. Orr wrote:
> =>> On Thursday, Aug 4th 2005 at 08:24 -0400, quoth Rodolfo Alcázar:
> =>>
> =>Personally I am just using the "new" pilot-link to perform backups of my
> =>Palm and ignoring the synchronization capabilities with Evolution, that
> =>I used to rely on in FC3.....   And, I'm trying to relax and learn how
> =>to spell P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E..... :-)  Hopefully I'll have full sync'ing
> =>again soon (looks like updates-testing has a new gnome-pilot - hmmmm,
> =>something to play with this weekend???)....
> =>
>
> I am syncing today. I sent a message out on how to have both version (the
> old and the new) of pilot-link installed and for your older version of
> jpilot to also be installed so the old one will work.

I'm ready to bite....  Where should I hunt down that message that talks
about having both versions installed?  That would just be generally
educational for me....

My sync'ing (or should I say backing up) with my old Palm V (actually an
IBM WorkPad) has been fine with just pilot-link.  I am most interested
in getting the functionality going back in to Evolution, so jpilot won't
help me much, and backtracking to the old gnome-pilot and evolution is
probably not feasible for me....  I am also looking to transition over
to a Treo shortly since I am beginning to be hit by the "stylus-drift"
on the old WorkPad....

--Rob