Fedora Project Competetion?

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 21:55:02 UTC 2005

On 8/5/05, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/4/05, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I had nothing bad to say about the product. I have never used it. I
> > was referring to the fact that a group of people who can not/will not
> > create a website that displays properly in Firefox and/or Opera are
> > not going the ones that I would acquire an OS from. Or have any form
> > of business relationship that could depend upon interoperability
> > (almost anything technology-related). I didn't even use Gmail until
> > they got things straightened out and it would work in Opera. I once
> > tagged over 5000 of my photos with a proprietary program and got
> > stuck. That won't happen to me again. Open standards, thank you!
>
> There is no need to interact with their web site  (which looks fine to me
> in mozilla so I don't understand this issue at all) to use the product unless
> you'd like to donate some money.   Just download the images from
> one of the places listed here:
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=13
>
>   Les Mikesell
>     lesmikesell at gmail.com

So misunderstood am I. Their site says to use firefox, so fair guess
that any mozilla product would work. They mention that they use JS
that does not work well in other browsers. I don't see that as being
any better than a site that says to use IE, and uses code that doesn't
work in firefox. What critical function is that code performing that
the site cannot do without it and therefore be compatable with all
browsers?!?

And I have no reason to interact with that site. I was directed to it,
saw something that I didn't like, and commented about it. That may
have been a mistake- I'm not sure that is on-topic for this list. For
that I apologize.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/260/houston_whitney.php
Houston, Whitney Song Lyrics