Fedora Project Competetion?

taharka res00vl8 at alltel.net
Thu Aug 4 22:05:06 UTC 2005

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>On 8/5/05, BRUCE STANLEY <bruce.stanley at prodigy.net> wrote:
>

>>And since the current release of Centos (4.1) is built from the official
>>Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4  source RPMs, it should be the same version
>>as supported by Red Hat.  If it is bad, so is the official RHEL 4 retail
>>box version.
>>

>I had nothing bad to say about the product. I have never used it. I
>was referring to the fact that a group of people who can not/will not
>create a website that displays properly in Firefox and/or Opera are
>not going the ones that I would acquire an OS from. Or have any form
>of business relationship that could depend upon interoperability
>(almost anything technology-related). I didn't even use Gmail until
>they got things straightened out and it would work in Opera. I once
>tagged over 5000 of my photos with a proprietary program and got
>stuck. That won't happen to me again. Open standards, thank you!
>
>Dotan Cohen
>http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/444/selena.php
>Selena Song Lyrics

No offense/disrespect intended but, basing an opinion as to whether or
not  "acquire an OS from/have any form of business relationship",
because of an issue that trivial on on their website, sure sounds like
you are knocking the product. If there are going to be any
"interoperability (almost anything technology-related)" issues, they
would be showing up in your present OS.

What? No PFunk at lyricslist.com? Make my Funk the PFunk, I wants to get
Funked-up!!

taharka