Disk space is full

weetat weetat.yeo at wavex-tech.com
Fri Aug 5 03:16:14 UTC 2005

Hi all ,

    We have almost 20 server which have Fedora Core 2 installed.
    The server have application server installed , mysql and etc for our
j2ee application.
    However we have some problem in some of server , the disk space is
full when i do df command . This is because we have to store image
captured daily to the server. The image is about 74 MB and our server
capacity is 40 GB.

   The weird things is that our j2ee application is still running
without any problem . I think that the server will died , just a matter
of time . What will happen to linux filesystem if the disk is full ?

Another question is my colleague ask me to use autopartition of grubs
for linux server . However i have read some disadvantages using
Autopartition of linux server . Anyone have a doc so that i can show to
my colleagues regarding disadvantages ?

Thanks