Disk space is full

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Fri Aug 5 15:00:41 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 11:16:14AM +0800, weetat wrote:
> Hi all ,
>
>    We have almost 20 server which have Fedora Core 2 installed.
>    The server have application server installed , mysql and etc for our
> j2ee application.
>    However we have some problem in some of server , the disk space is
> full when i do df command . This is because we have to store image
> captured daily to the server. The image is about 74 MB and our server
> capacity is 40 GB.
>
>   The weird things is that our j2ee application is still running
> without any problem . I think that the server will died , just a matter
> of time . What will happen to linux filesystem if the disk is full ?
The disk reads full when it is 95% full. Root can work with that disk.
Any application that runs as root will still run and be bale to write
to the disk. Some of the images will have to deleted or moved
somewhere else.

> Another question is my colleague ask me to use autopartition of grubs
> for linux server . However i have read some disadvantages using
> Autopartition of linux server . Anyone have a doc so that i can show to
> my colleagues regarding disadvantages ?
>
> Thanks
I am prejudiced. Autpartitioning is for people who do not know what
they are doing.  People who run 20 servers should know what they are
doing and decide on the partitioning themselves to fit their
environment.

Rule of Defactualization:
	Information deteriorates upward through bureaucracies.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484