Fedora4 possible rpm bug: listall.log disagrees w rpm -qa

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de
Fri Aug 5 17:52:45 UTC 2005

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 11:28:28 -0600, Dave Blackburn wrote:

> After installing fedora 4, packages that I believe should have
> been installed were missing.
>
> I did new custom install.
>
> It seems to me that the following two counts should agree:
>
> # rpm -qa | wc -l
> 890
> # wc -l install.log
> 1811 install.log
> #

No. Wrong assumption.

> I registered with:
>   https://bugzilla.fedora.us/
> and tried searching but found nothing.
> Next, I tried to enter a bug but was unable.

Wrong site. That's the old Fedora Linux add-ons project.
Use http://bugzilla.redhat.com  ( see http://fedora.redhat.com )

> I discovered the listall.log vs rpm -qa discrepancy since
> I expected emacs to have been installed but it wasn't
>
> # grep emacs install.log
> 1077:emacs-21.4-5.i386.rpm

"yum install emacs" -- It's not part of Fedora Core, but part
of Fedora Extras.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 5 (Development) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1446_FC5