Grub Problem (?) Installing FC4 dual boot with Win2K

Bill Bernauer PreacherBill at Starviewhill.com
Sat Aug 6 03:24:47 UTC 2005

Jeff Vian wrote:

>1) Check the drives jumper settings and if these drives are on a
>cable-select cable I suggest they both be jumpered for cable-select.

Both drives are set for CS.

>   c. verify the content of /boot/grub/device.map
>and /boot/grub/grub.conf

Both say what they should say, unless I'm missing something.

>   d. run "grub-install /dev/hda"

When I attempt to do this, I get the message "/dev/hdb1 does not have
any corresponding BIOS drive"

    I'm lost on this one, since the bios definately sees both drives. So
does win 2k. Can anybody give me a clue?

Bill