Sendmail user mail file missing - Again

David Niemi drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Sun Aug 7 14:48:46 UTC 2005

On my system which had the problems with the smp kernels after the
installation, when I was finally able to go through the first time boot
screens I created the user "daven", no upper case this time.  At first I
had tried to keep the /home partition, but end up formating it anyway.

Everything else was created fine except for the file in /var/spool/mail.
I'd like to use this account to receive the messages for root from the
different cron jobs through aliases and running "newaliases".

I haven't made any changes to the files in /etc/mail or others.

Other than backing up, removing the user, and copying the files back is
there a way to get the sendmail file?