FC4 - Sound Noise

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun Aug 7 16:17:03 UTC 2005

Hi Hoffman;

Sounds like you need a sound guru.

On Sun, 2005-08-07 at 12:00 -0400, fedora-list-request at redhat.com wrote:

> --- William Case <billlinux at rogers.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Bill:
>
> When I opened the alsamixer bargraph, I realized that
> IEC958 was already set as MM. Moreover, after making
> the other changes you suggested in your previous post,
> I still have that boring noise.
> Am I missing anything?
> Thanks!
> Hoffmann

You've got what I know.  I have been having a lot of trouble with my
sound.  Before now it was not something I paid much attention to. I have
about half the problems fixed and the rest are outstanding, so I can't
be much more help.  All that I know is what worked for me.  I don't even
know why.  There is not much literature that I could find explaining how
sound modules work or what the various settings do.

Sorry.

Regards Bill