Running a script at boot

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 17:46:51 UTC 2005

Simple question: how do I start a script that must be run as root at
boot? I've been googleing and I came across chkconfig, but I don't
want to mess with it for the first time alone.

I've also poked around in MARC for "running script startup" on the
fedora-list and others. The only thing that seemed relevant was a post
for SUSE where the following was suggested:
ln -s /usr/sbin/myscript /etc/init.d/rc3.d/S99myscript

Is this relevant for FC4 as well? Thanks.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/202/fleetwood_mac.php
Fleetwood Mac Song Lyrics