fc4 and urls

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Aug 8 01:14:24 UTC 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 09:01:50PM -0300, Ted Gervais wrote:
> I have found that fc4 doesn't bring up web pages from url quotes that are
> found in email.  Nothing happens when I click on them.
> But when I am IN the browser I can click on any link that might be present,
> and those links work..
>
> I went to KdeComonents/fileAssociations/text/html  and find that I have
> FireFox Web Browser  first in the list. This is followed by Mozilla etc..
>
> I presume I have something not set correctly in FileAssociations  but it
> looks ok to me.  Any thoughts anyone, on getting URLs to work while in my
> Emailer??

It depends a lot on the email client yo use. Clicking works in
squirrelmail, In  mutt you type ctrl-B to open URLs. I would expect
any browser based client to do what you want.

What mail client are you using.

Because we don't think about future generations, they will never forget us.
		-- Henrik Tikkanen
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University