making Samba work [new detail]

Gaddis, Jeremy L. jeremy at linuxwiz.net
Mon Aug 8 01:16:04 UTC 2005

Claude Jones wrote:
>>rpm -qa|grep bind-chroot
>
> Forgive me if this sounds dense, but are you saying that the mere presence of
> the rpm is an indication that it's running?  Or are you saying that the
> presence of the rpm in combination with the config files presence in
> the /var/named/chroot directory are the indication?

Sorry, check 'ps':

[root at fc4 ~]# ps auxwww|grep ^named
named     1431  0.0  1.3  36456  3456 ?        Ssl  Aug05   0:43
/usr/sbin/named -u named -t /var/named/chroot

If you see the "-t" option, BIND is running chrooted.

HTH,
-j

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis     <jeremy at linuxwiz.net>

"If it's not on fire, it's a software problem."