codec 'dfs'

Ping-Wu Zhang pwzhangz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 02:32:23 UTC 2005

By following the tips in a very helpful forum "Fedora Core 4 Tips and Tricks"

http://home.gagme.com/greg/linux/fc4-tips.php#mplayer

I was able to get mplayer going, and I was so amazed as to how things
have proved so drastically in Fedora in the multimedia area.  I am now
able to watch CNN news on my Fedora box, as well as watch some movies.

However, on this DVD movie I am playing, I am getting the following
error message:

 . . . cannot find 'dts' in libavcodec . . .

I am able to play the video images without any problem, but I am not
getting any sound.  I have installed the "all-" codecs, but apparently
this "dts" codec is missing.

Any help will further improve the already great media capability of
Fedora Core 4.  Thanks in advance.