(Somewhat off-topic) shared calendar, pilot sync, but only some categories

George Avrunin avrunin at math.umass.edu
Tue Aug 9 13:11:53 UTC 2005

I'm moving for a few months into an administrative position where a
secretary will be responsible for making some of my appointments.  I
currently maintain my own schedule on a Treo 90 and jpilot (primarily
for backup but to some degree to enter or read items).  But I have
personal and professional information going back to 1997 on the PDA,
not all of which is neatly categorized, and I do need to refer to the
old stuff fairly often.  I'm running FC 4 on my primary office machine
and my home machines, and the secretary has a Mac.

I would like to have a shared calendar in which the secretary can make
appointments and I can sync to the Treo, but I would like this to (a)
not include any information from before, say, August 1, so I don't
have to go through and clean up all the old personal information, and
(b) only include details for certain categories.  (E.g., if I have a
personal appointment, the secretary can tell that I have the time
blocked out but can't see what the reason is, or read any attached
notes.)  I move back and forth between two different departments in
different buildings and need to be able to read and enter calendar
items on the Treo as well as the shared calendar.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

  George