YUM..

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Aug 9 15:15:08 UTC 2005

Ted Gervais wrote:
> I just updated my yum.conf file and I other related files. I did this from
> some reference to this change in a thread on this list.
>
> Now, when I run 'sudo yum -y update'  I get the following:
>
> [ve1drg at mach3 etc]$ sudo yum -y update
> Repository updates-released already added, not adding again
> Repository base already added, not adding again
> Repository livna-testing already added, not adding again

These warnings are most likely due to you specifying configuration for
these repos both in /etc/yum.conf and /etc/yum.repos.d/*.repo

The latter is the correct place for repo configuration in FC >= 3.

> Setting up Update Process
> Setting up repositories
> Cannot open/read repomd.xml file for repository: livna-stable
> failure: repodata/repomd.xml from livna-stable: [Errno 256] No more mirrors to
> try.

This means your livna-stable repo is probably pointing to the wrong
baseurl. I would check the livna site to make sure you've configured yum
correctly.

Paul.