Question on all the added repos after update.

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Tue Aug 9 17:46:22 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 03:19 +1000, Michael D. Setzer II wrote:
> I had a motherboard get fried, and replaced it, and decided to do a
> clean install of the system after backing up the data. Did an install of
> FC4 and then did a yum update that did the basic repos, but then
> did the update again, and had a whole bunch of new repos that I am
> not familiar with, and most seem to be enabled since the without a
> enabled=0 the default is enabled. livna is disabled. I also found that
> the gpg for dries wasn't installed, but manually doing it worked.
>
> I've also used yumfix on another system that allows for setting up
> the basic repos, and activating livna and none of the other, or not
> doing livna, and being able to select yes or no for the others. It also
> will automatically add the gpg keys for these.
>
> Currently, I'm using yumex and going thru the updates with adding
> one repo at a time to see what errors or problems occur with each.
>
> Wondering why these were all added, and enabled, and without the
> gpg keys as part of the additions.
>

>  134 Aug  9 23:02 atrpms.repo
>  486 Aug  1 08:10 atrpms.repo.rpmnew
> 1062 Aug  1 08:10 base.repo
>  143 Aug  9 22:26 dag.repo
>  122 Aug  1 08:10 dag.repo.rpmnew
>  166 Aug  1 08:10 dries.repo
>  248 Aug  1 08:10 fedoraextras.repo
>  113 Aug  1 08:10 flash.repo
>  172 Aug  9 22:26 freshrpms.repo
>  203 Aug  1 08:10 freshrpms.repo.rpmnew
>  148 Aug  1 08:10 gstreamer.repo
>  923 Aug  1 08:10 jpackage.repo
>  527 Aug  1 08:10 kde-redhat.repo
>  138 Aug  9 22:26 livna.repo
>  125 Aug  1 08:10 livna.repo.rpmnew
>  184 Aug  1 08:10 newrpms.repo
>  223 Aug  1 08:10 nrpms.repo

None of those came from an "official" repo (base, updates-released,
extras), so you *must* have installed some other package, such as the
yum config rpm from fedorafaq.org
(http://www.fedorafaq.org/#installsoftware) or maybe the atrpms medley
package.

/var/log/yum.log may give some indication.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>