Video experience for Windows Media (Player 10) etc..

Ted Gervais ve1drg at av.eastlink.ca
Tue Aug 9 18:55:15 UTC 2005

Was wondering if there is anything that will take the place of the
'Windows Media Player'  which wants to be used when trying to view videos
while in www.cnn.com .

I occasionally like to look at the various video clips that come with the news
website and it asks me to 'GET PLAYER' when I click on these videos.

Am I out of luck when trying to view these news videos when I am running
Linux?  Or is there a way around this obstacle??