Video experience for Windows Media (Player 10) etc..

taharka res00vl8 at alltel.net
Tue Aug 9 19:36:55 UTC 2005

Howdy,

Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Em Ter, 2005-08-09 às 15:55 -0300, Ted Gervais escreveu:
>

>>Was wondering if there is anything that will take the place of the
>>'Windows Media Player'  which wants to be used when trying to view videos
>>while in www.cnn.com .
>>
>>I occasionally like to look at the various video clips that come with the news
>>website and it asks me to 'GET PLAYER' when I click on these videos.
>>
>>Am I out of luck when trying to view these news videos when I am running
>>Linux?  Or is there a way around this obstacle??
>>

>You could install mplayer + mplayer plugin for mozilla/firefox or the
>plugin along with any other player based on mplayer, like kmediaplayer.
>Personally, I prefer kaffeine+kaffeine plugin, because I like better to
>watch the clip on a separate, redimensionable window rather than
>embedded in the web page. Such sites often offer clips in real player
>format, which is available for Linux as well.
>
>[]'s
>Marcelo

There's also xine, which should work (haven't tried it myself on CNN's
site). BTW, if you can get RealPlayer to work on CNN's site, please let
me know. I was following the Space Shuttle landing, starting at 3:00
A.M. EDT this morning & had to go to nasa.gov in order to get a
RealPlayer friendly feed ;-)

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.