Video experience for Windows Media (Player 10) etc..

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Aug 9 21:29:38 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 09 August 2005 3:11 pm, Marcelo Magno T. Sales wrote:
> Personally, I prefer kaffeine+kaffeine plugin, because I like better to
> watch the clip on a separate, redimensionable window rather than
> embedded in the web page. Such sites often offer clips in real player
> format, which is available for Linux as well.

I've used both, and now prefer the mplayerplug-in. For the record, the plug-in
does let you choose full screen, if you want, which is my prefered video
viewing mode. If you want a size in between the embedded window and full
screen, then your preferred method is necessary.

You didn't mention one important point. The codecs for wm have to be installed
as well, no matter which route you take. Instructions are on the mplayer
website.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA