Another YUM question..

Markku Kolkka markkuk at tuubi.net
Tue Aug 9 22:22:33 UTC 2005

Ted Gervais kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika tiistai, 9. elokuuta 2005 20:59):
> I am listing my /etc/yum.conf in its entirety and from this I
> am wondering how YUM knows that is might want  to go to
> yum.repos.d to get anything??
>
> Can anyone show me how the system knows this?

See the file /usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/yum/config.py, which contains
the following Python code:

#defaults -either get them or set them
optionstrings = [('cachedir', '/var/cache/yum'),
                 ('logfile', '/var/log/yum.log'),
                 ('reposdir', ['/etc/yum/repos.d','/etc/yum.repos.d']),
                 ('syslog_ident', None),
                 ('syslog_facility', 'LOG_USER'),
                 ('distroverpkg', 'fedora-release'),
                 ('installroot', root),
                 ('commands', []),
                 ('exclude', []),
                 ('failovermethod', 'roundrobin'),
                 ('yumversion', 'unversioned'),
                 ('proxy', None),
                 ('proxy_username', None),
                 ('proxy_password', None),
                 ('pluginpath', ['/usr/lib/yum-plugins']),
                 ('installonlypkgs', ['kernel', 'kernel-bigmem',
                                      'kernel-enterprise','kernel-smp',
                                      'kernel-modules',
                                      'kernel-debug', 'kernel-unsupported',
                                      'kernel-source', 'kernel-devel']),
                 ('kernelpkgnames', ['kernel','kernel-smp',
                                     'kernel-enterprise', 'kernel-bigmem',
                                     'kernel-BOOT']),
                 ('exactarchlist', ['kernel', 'kernel-smp', 'glibc',
                                    'kernel-hugemem', 'kernel-enterprise',
                                    'kernel-bigmem']),
                 ('tsflags', [])]

You can change the "reposdir" in /etc/yum.conf to use some other directory
than /etc/yum.repos.d/

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku.kolkka at iki.fi