Web / email server

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 05:26:10 UTC 2005

On 8/10/05, Mathias Gibbens <m.gibbens at cg-online.net> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   I'm looking in to setting up a web / email server. I haven't
> done this before, and would appreciate advice on how to set it up
> through Linux. A list of things I need to do:
>
>      Setup software (Linux, Apache, email program to receive and
> send messages [SMTP])
>
>      Change the IP address assigned to my current URL to the new
> server's address
>
>   This is for a smaller site which needs to be able to host a web
> site and be an email server for the site. Physically, the box
> would be sitting on a network with high speed internet. Thanks much,
>
> -Mathias
>
> There's More Than One Way To Do It
> http://www.perl.org
>
> http://www.hopechristianacademy.org

You need these things

a) you need one MTA like postfix or sendmail or exim or qmail.
b) a pop/imap software like dovecot or cyrus-imapd or qpopper.
c) An antivirus like clamav or any other one.
d) A web based application like squirrelmail for accessing mails
through web(if required in your case).
e) Apache for web services.

Regards

Ankush Grover