FC4 md5sum

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Aug 10 07:36:19 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 18:06 +0000, Linux Beginner wrote:
> Paul Howarth writes:
> > Linux Beginner wrote:
> >> Team
> >>
> >> I downloaded FC4 from http://fedora.redhat.com/download (i386
> >> iso) http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/iso/
> >>
> >> http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/iso/SHA1SU
> >>

> >> and verified the chksum with http://www.toast442.org/md5/.
> >
> > The checksums are SHA1 sums, not MD5 sums. You'll need a different
> > program. Search for one called "sha1sum".
> >
> >> The two donot seem to be matching. I burned the iso to CD but
> >> when i am booting with the CD it does not seem to be recognizing
> >> the CD;
> >
> > Does your CD contain one large file (wrong) or multiple files and
> > directories (right)?
> >
> > Paul.
>

> Q1. which sha1sum will help me

Try here:
http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Where_can_I_find_sha1sum_program_for_Windows%3F

> Q2. The downloaded file is one single file. When i burnt it it
> too sat as one single file. How do i split it?

You need to use your CD/DVD-writing tool's "burn ISO image" feature
rather than copying the file to CD. Instructions for a number of popular
tools can be found at:
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/e-smith/docs/howto/CD_burning_howto.html

Paul.
--