newbie Laptop install

Paul M. Summitt psummitt at summittnewmedia.com
Wed Aug 10 12:49:30 UTC 2005

New to Fedora although I have installed Red Hat versions several times in
the past as far back as Version 6.  Have always had problems with laptops.
Have the installation on a Toshiba Tecra 8000 with 366 MHz CPU and 192 MB
RAM.  Installed the Fedora Core Workstation option.  Using a 3Com PCMCIA
Network card and can not seem to get it to see the network.  Also having a
video problem when I try to shut down.  Screen goes crazy with digital
information and I end up having to manually push the button to shut down.
This box was previously running Win2KPro with no problems.  Any ideas?
Anyone point me toward some documentation that might be of assistance?  I
really want to get this laptop up and running with this if possible.  Thanks
in advance for any assistance you might be able to provide.

paul

------------------------------------
Paul M. Summitt, MSMC, MCSE, CCNA, MCP+I, MCP
Freelance Writer/Photographer/IT Consultant
Summitt New Media -  <http://www.summittnewmedia.com/>
www.summittnewmedia.com
312 Proctor Drive
Columbia, MO  65202-1436
Cell (573) 268-7209
email -  <mailto:psummitt at summittnewmedia.com> psummitt at summittnewmedia.com
eBay store -  <http://stores.ebay.com/Summitt-New-Media>
http://stores.ebay.com/Summitt-New-Media
Personal Web Site -  <http://www.summittnewmedia.com/Paul>
www.summittnewmedia.com/Paul

Note:
The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential
and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this
us immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your
computer.