FC4 and TT fonts

CroombeFP croombefp at sympatico.ca
Wed Aug 10 15:48:34 UTC 2005

I had a problem with this until I was shown the cure. One has to copy
the fonts into a special directory called

fonts:///

I find if I do this as root it goes better. Use File Browser for both
getting the fonts and putting them into fonts:///

I have since made a CD holding all my "extra" fonts such that I don't
have to go searching a whole pile of commercial CDs every time I do a
re-install or some other sort of revision.

Note that there may appear to be glitches in the copying process, but I
found that merely logging out and back in solved that problem and they
all showed up under OpenOffice and looked OK even on the drop-down font
menu. They didn't appear all that well in AbiWord but this app. has
disappeared from FC4's automatic install options (yes, there's a special
option to download it later but this smacks of Fedora wanting to drop
AbiWord altogether).

Hope this helps,

CroombeFP