OT: vulnerability scanner

Jamie Bohr jamiebohr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 19:25:27 UTC 2005

Thank you, I have looked at Nessus however from what I can tell it does not
do vulnerability scanning like tara, for instance: checking permissions on
.rhosts files, looking for world writable system directories ....

I was trying Nessus this morning and it would not compile on FC3, I get
error

$ make
cd nessus && make
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/nessus-core/nessus'
gcc -g -O2 `sh ./cflags` -c xstuff.c
xstuff.c:32:21: gtk/gtk.h: No such file or directory
In file included from xstuff.c:35:
.
.
.

I am trying to work through that though.

Thank you again,
Jamie Bohr