transfer master Windows DNS to slave BIND DNS

M E Fieu sibu168 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 18:33:50 UTC 2005

Hi..I want to configure a slave BIND DNS to automatically get the master zone abc.com update from
a windows DNS server (172.16.1.42).  Below is the my /etc/named.conf file.

more /etc/named.conf
zone "abc.com" in {
type slave;
file "db.abc";
masters { 172.16.1.42; };
allow-transfer { any; };
allow-query { any;};
notify yes;
};

Is that correct? Can BIND get the update from Windows DNS?

I have question on the zone file db.abc, since this is a slave DNS zone, do I have to create this
file by myself or it will auto copy the info from the windows DNS master?  Then where this file
supposed to be if I need to creat it or auto-created during transfer?

How do I verify the master zone record being transfered to here?