wget question..

Andy Pieters mailings at vlaamse-kern.com
Thu Aug 11 21:38:18 UTC 2005

Hi

There is an easy way:

wget somefile

cat somefile >> filetoappendto

If you want to do it automatically, then use the following

wget somefile --output-document=/tmp/wgetbuffer & cat /tmp/wgetbuffer >>
filetoappendto & rm /tmp/wgetbuffer

all of it on one line in a script or on the commandline

How does this work?

The system executes the first command, and if it succeeds (errorlevel 0), then
it will execute the second, and so on.  This is handled by the ampersand
operator

the instruction cat /tmp/wgetbuffer >> filetoappendto will copy the downloaded
file and add it to the end of the already existing file filetoappendto.
Note that > is not the same as >>.  The > means replace contents or create
file, and the >> means add contents or create file.

Hope this helps

With kind regards

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093
Now listening to Top! Radio Live Stream: mms://broadcast.ionip.be/topradioHigh

   amaroK::the Coolest Media Player in the known Universe!

   Cockroaches and socialites are the only things that can
   stay up all night and eat anything.
					    Herb Caen
--
--
Check out these few php utilities that I released

 http://www.vlaamse-kern.com/sas/