Relative merits of various file systems

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 12 00:37:38 UTC 2005

Anyone have a relative strengths/weaknesses of various file
systems commonly used with Linux? I have some feel for
ext2 and ext3 (I use ext3) and am more knowledgeable about
FAT12/16/32 than I really want to be. But how about reiser?
I also see others mentioned from time to time. How do
extended attributes fit in?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.