broken VIM update on FC3??

taharka res00vl8 at alltel.net
Fri Aug 12 02:58:22 UTC 2005

Tony Nelson wrote:

>At 4:07 PM -0400 8/11/05, taharka wrote:
>

>>After both updates, I received the following message,
>>warning: /etc/vimrc created as /etc/vimrc.rpmnew
>>
>>Sho nuff, if I look in /etc, there is a file vimrc.rpmnew.
>>
>>Any one else seeing this? Also, what needs to be done about it?
>>

>    $ diff /etc/vimrc /etc/vimrc.rpmnew
>    $
>
>There are no differences, so you might as well remove /etc/vimrc.rpmnew.
>If there had been differences, you'd probably want to merge them into the
>vimrc file.
>
>But why was such a file created anyway?  I'd have thought that there would
>be at least minimal merge logic which would not make .rpmnew files when the
>file would be identical with the original.

Beats me why such a file was created :-( As a side note, the first
update ended in a yum/yumex lockup. Maybe the regular crew responsible
for updates, are at the LinuxWorld Exposition in San Francisco & the
cleaning crew is doing updates ;-) This is the second mishap this week.

>TonyN.:'                       <mailto:tonynelson at georgeanelson.com>
>      '                              <http://www.georgeanelson.com/>

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.