OT: Book to teach Logo?

Arthur Pemberton dalive at flashmail.com
Fri Aug 12 05:35:44 UTC 2005

akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:

>On Tue, Aug 09, 2005 at 11:44:53PM -0400, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>

>>Can anyone suggest a book to help an elementry level child learn logo
>>with KTutle? I'm leaving a computer with FC4 and KTurtle installed for
>>my 9 year old bro, and would like to give him the opportunity to explore
>>Kturtle.
>>
>>Thanks
>>

>Talking about being a day too late. Just yesterday I through out my
>Logo book since it had been out of fashion for so long.

I had posted this very question earlier, but originally the subject like
was "Book to teach KTurle"

>It seems to me Harold Abelson and his daughter wrote a book on Logo.
>
>Searching for Logo programming on Amazons web site found several books
>but not may readily available.

I saw them, but most seemed targeted at adults. I was hoping for
something simple, and well written enough that a motivated child could
follow without assistance.

>Logo was one the great ideas of the
>last century. We it went down in flames is beyond me. Do you know
>about the Lego constructions that could be controlled in Logo?

I heard about the Lego which was programmable, didn't realised it used Logo.