Downgrade from devel to FC4

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Fri Aug 12 16:54:42 UTC 2005

David Cary Hart wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 07:43 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 08:29 +0200, Radek Vokál wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a way how to downgrade my current machine to base FC4 with yum?
>>>I did some rawhide updates and my box is kinda messy now :)
>>
>>It depends how much mess you made.
>>
>>Please post the output of "yum list extras" (presumably you have already
>>disabled the development repo?).
>>

> What happens with --freshen in conjunction with --oldpackage? In other
> words "rpm -F --oldpackage <path to original FC4 RPMs>"

Nothing happens.

"man rpm" says of --freshen: "This will upgrade packages, but only if an
  earlier version currently exists."

I have experimentally verified that --oldpackage does not change this
behaviour to "This will downgrade packages, but only if a newer version
currently exists", though it might be useful if it did...

Paul.