VCD help

James Kaufman jmk at kaufman.eden-prairie.mn.us
Fri Aug 12 17:29:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 06:39:46AM -0700, arnuld fraser wrote:
> I have fedora core 3. it has "totem" and "helix" movie
> players. But I am not able to play my VCDs and even
> the videos(.MPG) i stored onto my hard-disk are not
> played by these two players.
>
> can anybody help me?

I recommend you try both xine and mplayer. (Lately I've been preferring xine,
but have switched back and forth.)

You can find them on various repositories. For example, this config is good for
freshrpms.net:

[freshrpms]
name=Fedora Linux $releasever - $basearch - freshrpms
baseurl=http://ayo.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/$releasever/$basearch/freshrpms
gpgcheck=1

then do: yum install xine AND/OR yum install mplayer

--
Jim Kaufman
Linux Evangelist