OK guys - yum is "too smart"

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat Aug 13 02:21:40 UTC 2005

On Fri August 12 2005 9:43 pm, jdow wrote:
> > Did you try this?
> > yum --exclude=spamassassin update
> >
> >>From "man yum" (if you want more details)  Exclude a specific package by
> >>name
> >
> > or glob from updates on all repositories.
>
> Yeah, but then I also have to exclude evolution. There should be a way to
> force things to be "my way". {^_-}
>
> {^_^}
ftp://ftp.linux.ncsu.edu/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/evolution-2.2.2-5.i386.rpm
Suppose you were to download the rpm, and use rpm --nodeps to install? It's
just a thought that I suggest you investigate before trying. There are a ton
of options with an rpm install that aren't available with yum, though.
Just a thought...
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA