FC4 Install GRUB Load Error

David Niemi drn_temp2 at rogers.com
Sat Aug 13 09:05:22 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 20:48 -0700, Chris Kirk wrote:
> On 8/12/05, Jeff Vian <jvian10 at charter.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 11:20 -0700, Chris Kirk wrote:
> > > Hey,
> Hey,
>
> No I did not actually move it I just copied the files. I even did a
> full reinstall of FC4 and got nothing working.
>
> The computer I am on right now does not have a floppy drive so I went
> out and bought a floppy usb and I am creating the GRUB boot floppy
> disk and I will let you know if that works.
>
> Thanks for your help so far!
>
> -Chris

As was mentioned it just seems that grub didn't install properly.  Boot
the rescue CD / DVD with the "linux rescue" command.

Once booted type "chroot /mnt/sysimage".  Now the root directory referes
to your install, not the ramdrive.  Change directory to /boot/grub and
check to see if the stage2 and grub.conf files exist as was mentioned.