FC4 Install GRUB Load Error

Chris Kirk kirk.chris at gmail.com
Sat Aug 13 19:37:05 UTC 2005

On 8/13/05, David Niemi <drn_temp2 at rogers.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 06:15 -0400, David Niemi wrote:
> > On Sat, 2005-08-13 at 03:02 -0700, Chris Kirk wrote:
>
> > > I think I may have an idea on what may be causing it. When I load GRUB
> > > from the floppy it does GRUB Loading stage2..........................
> > > But then when I takeout the floppy and try and load GRUB from the
> > > harddrive it says
> > > GRUB Loading stage1.5.
> > >
> > > Do you have any idea on how to switch the harddrive grub to run
> > > stage2? Or any other ideas on how to fix it?
> > >
> > "setup (hd0)" NOT "setup (hd0,0)", and type "quit" to exit the "grub>"
> > prompt.
> >
> > You may need to copy those files over from the directory
> > under /usr/share/grub/ to "/boot/grub".  I'll see what I can find on
> > that error.
> Here is a listing of the grub errors.
>
> http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/gnu/grub/html_chapter/grub_13.html

Hey,

Thanks I will take a look at them. From what I can tell the only
possibly explanation is the Read Error because I am able to get it too
boot up from the Floppy. So I will try and get the grub files from
somewhere else

In the usr/share/grub the only file is 1386-redhat...

I reinstalled GRUB now just like you said with

root (hd0,0)
setup (hd0)
quit

and then restarted the computer
and I still hit the GRUB Loading stage1.5.
and then it hangs!

Thanks!