installed kernel.2.6.12 srpm, how do I remove all of it

H. S. greatexcalibur at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 13 23:11:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

To install nvidia driver, I had to download kernel srpm
(kernel-2.6.12-1.1372_FC3.src.rpm).
1. Then I installed this using "rpm -Uvh <rpm name>"
2. The I did: "/usr/src/redhat/SPECS# rpmbuild -bp --target=i686
kernel-2.6.spec"

After this, I also had to install kernel-devel using yum to get nvidia
compiled.

Anyhow, my question is, I have the nvidia driver and I wanted to undo
whatever was done by Steps 1 and 2 above. I have just done:
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS# rpmbuild --rmsource kernel-2.6.spec

which got rid of all the files from /usr/src/redhat/SOURCE. But I still
seem to have the kernel source in /usr/src/redhat/BUILD:
/usr/src/redhat/BUILD# ls -l
total 4
drwxr-xr-x  4 root root 4096 Aug 13 15:08 kernel-2.6.12

How do I remove this 'the Redhat way'? I don't want to try "rm -rf"
unless I know this wouldn't somehow mess with the RPM database of the
machine.

thanks,
->HS