System log program in FC4?

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Aug 14 10:59:31 UTC 2005

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 02:13:34PM -0700, Richard E Miles wrote:
> On Sat, 13 Aug 2005 15:49:16 -0500
> akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:

> > > Where did you find it? I am also on FC4, and I cannot find it.
> > >
> > In the FC3 distribution the rpm is called:
> > system-logviewer-0.9.11-1.noarch.rpm
> >
> > The fact that this was not installed in FC4 even though it was being
> > upgraded is a real mystery to me.
> > --
>
> system-logviewer was dropped from FC4. You can google for it. I found a src rpm
> for it and installed that.
>
> system-logviewer-0.9.7-1.src.rpm
>
> --
But why it was dropped has not been fully explained. Also notice that
the one in FC3 is a later version than the one you got by googling.
It is a  mystery which really should be explained to us grunts in
the field by the decision makers out in Fedora-land.

I have had my television aerials removed.  It's the moral equivalent
of a prostate operation.
		-- Malcolm Muggeridge
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science