installed kernel.2.6.12 srpm, how do I remove all of it

H. S. greatexcalibur at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 14 15:37:33 UTC 2005

Apparently, _Paul Howarth_, on 14/08/05 08:30,typed:
> On Sun, 2005-08-14 at 07:19 -0500, Jeff Vian wrote:
>
>>That would not mess with the database at all.  However, it would leave
>>the package listed as installed.
>>
>>Try
>>rpm -qa kernel\*
>>
>>then identify the source package that was installed in step 1 above and
>>do
>>  rpm -e kernel-XXX
>>where kernel-XXX is the source package you installed.
>

> Installing an SRPM does not affect the RPM database at all. That
> includes the list of installed packages. There will be no kernel-XXX
> package to remove as a result of installing a kernel-XXX.src.rpm.
>
> Paul.

Yes, there is no src package installed.

Thanks for the helpful post clarifying my doubts, really appreciate it.

regards,
->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address
to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.