getting USB stick icon on desktop in KDE

Stuart Sears stuart at sjsears.com
Sun Aug 14 18:26:11 UTC 2005

H. S. enlightened us with the following gems on 08/14/2005 04:34 PM:
> Hi,
>
> In FC3, when I plugin a USB stick into a USB port it is automounted and
> a desktop icon is created in Gnome. However, in KDE, the
> /var/log/messages says it has detected in the stick and created a mount
> point (I think in /media or in /mnt) but it is not automounted and no
> desktop icon is displayed. What gives? How do I make it work in KDE?
I have only ever seen this work with the kde-redhat packages.
and even then all you'll get is an icon (assuming you customise your
desktop to show unmounted/mounted icons for various device types) where
clicking on it allows you to mount a device.

I'm not sure that a lot of work goes into integrating the automounting
into KDE in Fedora Core.

Stuart
--
Stuart Sears RHCE RHCX
If you don't see why, please stay the fuck away from my code.