Logging out changes screen resolution.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 15 13:58:22 UTC 2005

Tim (abour replacing libvgahw.a):

>> Thanks, that did the trick for me.  I copied the file from a Fedora Core
>> 3 Linux system I have installed, and all's working smoothly (as far as I
>> can tell).

Jim Cornette:

> Replacing libvgahw.a is all that is needed right now. There is a version
> of xorg-x11 that has a fix (compiled w/ a debugged/later version of
> GCC4). The upcoming version worked fine on my Intel 815 w/ o the need to
> change the file.

Looking at the thread on the bugzilla previously mentioned, it seems
that it only works for some people, and I was surprised at how long ago
this problem started (around a couple of months).

> From Kristian Høgsberg, comment #153 in bug 161242.
>
> I've updated the RPMs to disable the gcc miscompilation workaround, since
> gcc-4.0.1-4 now has a fix for the problem.  xorg-x11-6.8.2-45 should be in
> rawhide soon, in the meantime I've put up -45 RPMs built with the new gcc here:
>
>   http://people.redhat.com/krh/xorg-x11-6.8.2-45/
>
> Please give them a try so we can see if the gcc fix works as intended. Thanks!

It'll be a while before I can try that.  I'm on dial-up, and updating
xorg is quite a bit of a chore that way.

I read messages from the public lists.