Duplicates packages on x86_64 (fwd)

Lukasz Trabinski lukasz at wsisiz.edu.pl
Mon Aug 15 21:52:08 UTC 2005

Hello

I have fresh FC4 instalation on x86_64 machine. I would like to
erase some packages, but when I try do:

oceanic:~# rpm -e zlib
error: "zlib" specifies multiple packages

ok, we have packages for both arch:

oceanic:~# rpm -q --queryformat "%{ARCH}\n" zlib
i386
x86_64

ok, a i can try do done something like this:

rpm -e zlib --allmatches - it's works but erase only one packeges, probably for
only one arch. After this, I haven't packages on rpm databes

oceanic:~# rpm -qa  zlib |wc -l
0

but i have binary files on filesystem. How to repair my rpm databese? I
have  used --allmatches option for some about 200 packages :/ Reinstall
system? Any sugestion?

--
ŁT