NFS Doesn't Exist Error

Mark Sargent powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp
Tue Aug 16 06:41:34 UTC 2005

Hi All,

when trying to mount a share on FC3(client) from CentOS(server), it says
the share doesn't exist,

[root at localhost ~]# mount 192.168.168.10/home/batmanbegins/nfsshare
/home/coolboarderguy/nfsshare
mount: special device 192.168.168.10/home/batmanbegins/nfsshare does not
exist

I've made sure NFS was successfully restarted on both machines and
followed this tutorial to a t,

http://www.linuxforum.com/linux-nfs/server.html#SERVERINTRO
http://www.linuxforum.com/linux-nfs/client.html

and can verify that both machines are pingable from each other.
Connectivity doesn't seem to be a problem, and I temporarily disabled
the firewall on both boxes. Anyone got any ideas on what to shoot for
with this.? Share definitely exists on the server and I'm confident I
followed the tutorial correctly. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.