FC4 Install GRUB Load Error

Pavel Lisy pali at tmapy.cz
Tue Aug 16 08:46:24 UTC 2005

Chris Kirk píše v So 13. 08. 2005 v 12:37 -0700:
> On 8/13/05, David Niemi <drn_temp2 at rogers.com> wrote:

> > > "setup (hd0)" NOT "setup (hd0,0)", and type "quit" to exit the "grub>"
> > > prompt.
> > >
> > > You may need to copy those files over from the directory
> > > under /usr/share/grub/ to "/boot/grub".  I'll see what I can find on
> > > that error.
> > Here is a listing of the grub errors.
> >
> > http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/gnu/grub/html_chapter/grub_13.html
>
> Hey,
>
> Thanks I will take a look at them. From what I can tell the only
> possibly explanation is the Read Error because I am able to get it too
> boot up from the Floppy. So I will try and get the grub files from
> somewhere else
>
> In the usr/share/grub the only file is 1386-redhat...
>
> I reinstalled GRUB now just like you said with
>
> root (hd0,0)
> setup (hd0)
> quit
>
> and then restarted the computer
> and I still hit the GRUB Loading stage1.5.
> and then it hangs!
>
> Thanks!
I had similar problem after FC4 instalation. I had FC3 on other
partition too and grub was formerly from FC3. After instalation if was
OK, but when I had tried extend configuration of grub (grub.conf) from
FC3 it had crashed on next boot.

This wasn't succesful
root (hd0,0)
setup (hd0)
quit

At last I have tried upgrade (new) FC4 instalation with FC4 and after 5 minut
of upgrade (yes it was really quick) grub is working.

Pavel

--
Pavel Lisy <pali at tmapy.cz>
T-MAPY spol. s r.o.