NFS Doesn't Exist Error

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Aug 16 11:50:48 UTC 2005

On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 03:41:34PM +0900, Mark Sargent wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> when trying to mount a share on FC3(client) from CentOS(server), it says
> the share doesn't exist,
>
> [root at localhost ~]# mount 192.168.168.10/home/batmanbegins/nfsshare
> /home/coolboarderguy/nfsshare
> mount: special device 192.168.168.10/home/batmanbegins/nfsshare does not
> exist
>
> I've made sure NFS was successfully restarted on both machines and
> followed this tutorial to a t,
First NFS needs to be running only on the nfs server. You may have
done this but both the nfs and nfslock scripts must be started on
the server.

Second , your syntax for the mount is wrong. It should be:
i                    |
i                    V
mount 192.168.168.10i:/home/batmanbegins/nfsshare
 /home/coolboarderguy/nfsshare

If that does not work we need to see you /etc/exports file.