YUM Updates

Shamim Haider shamimph at almos.com.au
Tue Aug 16 12:32:02 UTC 2005

I am trying to update my kernel but when it reaches downloading kernel
it is giving error ? cannot download from this site ,
even though it has downloaded rest of the dependencies.(THe snap shots
of diff files are below )

Also when ever we r using yum updates command
it fetches command from developement repositories ? which is a
rawhide ???I am not very comfortable with this ?

BUt when I am enabling downloading from other files
in /yum.repos.d/fedora.updates
its giving same error as cannot find the site and bla bla
I am copying different files in /etc/yum.repos.d
can u pls try them and let me know ,to make them work we need to make
enabled=1

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1

[updates-released]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Released Updates
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/$releasever/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc
$releasever
enabled=0
gpgcheck=1

[development]
#These packages are untested and still under development. This
#repository is used for updates to test releases
#This repository can see significant daily turn over and can see major
#functionality changes which cause unexpected problems with other
#development packages. Please use these packages if you want to work
#with the fedora Developers by testing these new development packages.
#
#fedora-test-list mailinglist is available as a discussion forum for
#testing and troubleshooting for development packages.
#
#Reportable issues should be filed at bugzilla.redhat.com
#Product: Fedora Core
#Version: devel
name=Fedora Core $releasever - Development Tree
#baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-rawhide
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0