Still no wireless network on my laptop

Reuben D. Budiardja techlist at pathfinder.phys.utk.edu
Tue Aug 16 20:33:44 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 11:48, Johan Lozano wrote:
> hi all,
>
> i am trying to install a wireless nic on my acer aspire 5024 wlmi
> without succes.
> is someone succeeded in such an attempt and if so how did you do it?

> i tried with the original nic a broadcom 4318 with ndiswrapper and the
> linuxant way. nothing helps.

I've used Broadcom 4318 on a Dell Latitude laptop (built-in NIC) with
ndiswrapper and it works just fine.
Your last email on saturday shows that ndiswrapper works with your Broadcome
4318, ie. you can see the wlan0, all you needed to do was assign an ESSID
using iwconfig so that you can see your access point. Jeff Vian replied to
your message but you did not reply back. Did you try that ?

> today i bought a new nic a d-link dwl-g650 and tried also with
> ndiswrapper as well as with the linuxant manner, again without success.
> finally i followed the madwafi method and even that was not succesfull.

As I said above, I think you were very close to get it to work with
ndiswrapper with the Broadcom NIC. Why did you decide to drop that ? Please
give us details of your problem, and follow the suggestion mentioned, and
probably best to try to pick one way to do it and stick with it rather than
randomly tried other methods. I will try to help if you decide to use the
broadcom card and ndiswrapper as I've done that before. I have no experience
with using linuxant nor madwifi so I can't help you there.

Reuben D. Budiardja