Kernel.org kernel 2.6.12.5 fails on FC4

John Wendel jwendel10 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 17 06:29:39 UTC 2005

I've got 2 FC3 boxes and 2 FC4 boxes. I like to run the stable kernel
from kernel.org (just weird I guess). The latest version  I tried to
install was 2.6.12.5. It works fine on the FC3 boxes, but fails on FC4.

Actually, 2.6.12.5 boots on FC4 but the network won't start, it
complains (console only, not to a log file) about "RTNETLINK answers
invalid argument". This keeps the loopback and eth interfaces from starting.

If you've got this kernel running on FC4, I'd appreciate some help.

Thanks,

John