FC3: problems with Sendmail

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Wed Aug 17 15:13:10 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 16:54 +0200, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> You will have to setup your Fedora host on which Sendmail is running
> with a FQDN (fully qualified domain name). For internal / home use it
> is sufficient to have something like
>
> 192.168.0.50     fedora3.invalid   fedora3

Some things won't send to "invalid" domain names, it might be a problem
depending on what you're trying to do.  There are other reserved domain
names for local or test use, too:  "localhost" "test"

You could use localhost as a top level domain (separate to the sole
"localhost" used for 127.0.0.1), e.g. fedora3.localhost.  Though some
things apparently don't handle that well.  You might be best using the
"test" one.  e.g. fedora3.test

I read messages from the public lists.